pith in Chinese
[ piθ ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "pith"Synonyms of "pith"Use "pith" in a sentence
past tense: pithed past participle: pithed present participle: pithing
- Both the rubber and the pith ball are negatively charged .
- The pith of this stemlike stele appears rather strongly like collenchyma tissue .
- Major shairpe, much spruced up and wearing a pith helmet, arrived on the dot of nine .
- A charged pith ball may be used as a test body to determine whether or not a second body is charged .
- This one, falling so pat, like a wayside omen, to arrest me ere i carried out my purpose, took the pith out of my legs .
- The pursuit alone is my strength, the energy of my soul, the warmth of my blood, and the pith and marrow of my bones! …yet not to have my wasted lifetime back again would i give up my hopes of the great carbuncle !
- The pith of that theory is serving for people
- That was the pith of his argument
- Vahl . has hollow pith
- Law belief : the pith and marrow of law lies in how to combine and use it
- the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor''s argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
Synonyms: kernel, substance, core, center, centre, essence, gist, heart, heart and soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, sum, nitty-gritty,
- soft spongelike central cylinder of the stems of most flowering plants
- remove the pith from (a plant)