essence in Chinese
[ 'esns ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "essence"Synonyms of "essence"Use "essence" in a sentence
- This is the essence of successful diplomacy .
- He was the essence of sunshine and good-humor .
- The essence of gouzenko's story was simple .
- The essence of policy is the existence of discretion .
- They are in their essence logically anterior to god .
- Here was the essence of the paris she remembered .
- Time is of the essence here .
- Mathematical laws are the essence of the universe's design .
- The essence of the tall tale was that it was told .
- Physics does not inquire into the essence of atoms or of light .
- a toiletry that emits and diffuses a fragrant odor
- the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor''s argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
Synonyms: kernel, substance, core, center, centre, gist, heart, heart and soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, sum, nitty-gritty,
- the central meaning or theme of a speech or literary work
Synonyms: effect, burden, core, gist,
- any substance possessing to a high degree the predominant properties of a plant or drug or other natural product from which it is extracted