ruin in Chinese
[ ruin; 'ru:in ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "ruin"Use "ruin" in a sentence
past tense: ruined past participle: ruined plural: ruins present participle: ruining
- He ruined his prospects by carelessness .
- Incapable management ruined the company .
- The tower collapsed in a heap of ruin .
- They'll only fix something and ruin us .
- It looks to me as if he's going to his ruin .
- Fashion and pomp ruined more ample sums .
- It would only serve to precipitate his ruin .
- The old ruins were invested with romance .
- Various strokes of misfortune led to his ruin .
- Oxford has been ruined by the motor industry .
- destruction achieved by causing something to be wrecked or ruined
Synonyms: laying waste, ruining, ruination, wrecking,
- a ruined building; "they explored several Roman ruins"
- failure that results in a loss of position or reputation
Synonyms: downfall, ruination,
- an event that results in destruction
- the process of becoming dilapidated
- an irrecoverable state of devastation and destruction; "you have brought ruin on this entire family"
Synonyms: ruination, Verb
- fall into ruin
- deprive of virginity; "This dirty old man deflowered several young girls in the village"
- destroy completely; damage irreparably; "You have ruined my car by pouring sugar in the tank!"; "The tears ruined her make-up"
- reduce to ruins; "The country lay ruined after the war"
- reduce to bankruptcy; "My daughter''s fancy wedding is going to break me!"; "The slump in the financial markets smashed him"
Synonyms: bankrupt, break, smash,
- destroy or cause to fail; "This behavior will ruin your chances of winning the election"