yankee notions in a sentence
- In that race, various horses had the lead, and for a time it was Ten Point, Foundation in second, and Yankee Notions third.
- Around the same time, the New England-based Know Nothing Party, which " Yankee Notions " also lampooned, was divided into two camps the moderate Jonathans and the radical Sams.
- To the Baker brothers, Ginsburg is the latter-day version of the 19th-century peddler who roamed the countryside in a clattering red wagon selling " Yankee notions " of ingenious design.
- The peculiar Yankee became a stock character in standardized comedic venues, especially the widely popular humor magazine " Yankee Notions ", published in New York City in the years leading up to the American Civil War.
- The weekly newspaper " Brother Jonathan " was first published in 1842, issued out of New York, and it exposed North America to the character named " Brother Jonathan " . " Yankee Notions, or Whittlings of Jonathan's Jack-Knife " was a high-quality humor magazine, first published in 1852, that used the stock character to lampoon Yankee acquisitiveness and other peculiarities.