xenodiagnosis in a sentence
- Another useful identification method is Xenodiagnosis, or the use of a vector to support the growth of an infectious agent.
- 蒻ile Brumpt introduced the xenodiagnosis technique into parasitological research and extensively studied such diseases as bilharzia, Chagas disease, onchocerciasis and leishmaniasis.
- In this case, xenodiagnosis involves the use of the triatomine bug, which takes a blood meal from a person suspected of having been infected.
- Medical professionals primarily use xenodiagnosis in determining the presence of a chronic infection of " Trypanosoma cruzi " ( the flagellate that causes Chagas disease ).
- Medical professionals historically successfully identified babesiosis with xenodiagnosis, both in hamsters for " Babesia microti " and in gerbils for " Babesia divergens ".
- Historically, babesiosis diagnosis was carried out with xenodiagnosis in hamsters for " B . microti " and in gerbils for " B . divergens ".
- Xenodiagnosis has not been commonly used in diagnosing Lyme disease because " in vitro " cell culturing now serves the purpose, however the process is commonly used to diagnose infections involving microorganisms such as trypanosomiasis.