uhf region in a sentence
- Later developments produced beam power tubes which were capable of high-power output at frequencies extending into the UHF region.
- Professional-grade wireless microphones generally use bands in the UHF region so they can run on dedicated equipment without broadcast interference.
- The existence of radio waves was predicted by James Clerk Maxwell in 1864 from spark gap radio transmitter that produced 450 MHz microwaves, in the UHF region.
- This HF ( ~ 10-MHz ) device had been invented in 1921 by Albert W . Hull at General Electric, and Yagi was convinced that it could function in the VHF or even the UHF region.
- Channels making the transition generally acquired a second channel allocation in the upper UHF region to test their new equipment, and then moved into the low-UHF or high-VHF once the conversion period was over.