uglification in a sentence
- The process of uglification through insensitive development for mass tourism, and the destruction of natural environments and townscapes, have demonstrated vividly the limits to sustainability.
- When you take away trails, you take away recreational opportunities, you take away wildlife and open space, and you contribute to the uglification of America.
- Resuming his role as royal architecture critic in chief, Prince Charles is complaining about shoddy tourist development and the " uglification " of fragile beauty spots.
- It remains to be seen whether the millions who flock to the Adirondacks in the summer stay away or leave early after glimpsing what some locals have dubbed " the uglification of the North Country ."
- "For many places the process of uglification through insensitive development for mass tourism and the destruction of natural environments, townscapes and fragile ecosystems have demonstrated, vividly and tragically, the limits to sustainability, " he says.
- Pour Lui notes that many are difficult to watch, and Avex staff member Ryuta Ochi explains " They [ BiS ] wanted to make a deliberate uglification of idol events . " The image of a typical idol is generally accepted as being pure and good-natured, which BiS reject.
- "With the very real threat to the quality and integrity of the British countryside from the insensitive uglification of standard housing developments, " the prince responded, " people have begun to realize that Poundbury might just offer a more imaginative and attractive approach from which to draw inspiration ."
- But for now I can only play a little by ear _ songs no more complicated than the Mock Turtle's " Beautiful Soup " _ and I'm still trying to master the basic branches of arithmetic the Mock Turtle was taught when he got " the best of educations " at the bottom of the sea : Ambition, Distraction, Uglification and Derision.
- Just when I was working it over in my mind which team to cast a hex upon this year _ I was waffling among the Padres, Orioles, Red Sox and Yankees, for reasons I shall explain later _ now we have to confront baseball's own crass penchant for uglification . ( There is no such word in my Spell Check, but there will be when people get a load of advertisements on uniforms .)