udny yule in a sentence
- The statistician Udny Yule was the son of George and thus the nephew of Henry.
- The eldest, George Udny Yule ( 1813 1886 ), worked in the Indian Rebellion.
- The Yule Walker equations, named for Udny Yule and Gilbert Walker, are the following set of equations.
- The measure was developed by George Udny Yule in 1912, and should not be confused with Yule's coefficient for measuring skewness based on quartiles.
- However, some remarks of Mr . Udny Yule, to which Mr . R . C . Punnett has called my attention, suggest that it may still be worth making . . ."
- In 1937, he aided the ageing statistician G . Udny Yule in the revision of his standard statistical textbook, " Introduction to the Theory of Statistics ", commonly known for many years as " Yule and Kendall ".
- In statistical theory Bowley was not an innovator but drew on the writings of Karl Pearson, Udny Yule and Fisher that " Professor Edgeworth had written a great deal on a kindred subject " and slapping Neyman down with " I am not at all sure that the'confidence'[ in confidence interval ] is not a'confidence trick . '"