tetraethyl lead in a sentence
- Tetraethyl lead was once widely used to improve the combustion properties of gasoline.
- In some cases, organometallic forms, such as methylmercury and tetraethyl lead, can be extremely toxic.
- As a component of tetraethyl lead,, it was used extensively in gasoline during the 1930s 1970s.
- Tetraethyl lead became a cure-all for engine knock.
- For example, because lead itself deactivates free radicals in the gasoline-air mixture, tetraethyl lead was once commonly added to gasoline.
- Donaldson said Great Lakes should consider contributing some of Octel's profits toward subsidizing a more rapid transition away from tetraethyl lead.
- Standard Oil supplied information to IG Farben on how to manufacture tetraethyl lead and synthetic rubber, both critical resources to the war effort.
- Lead was historically used in gasoline in the form of tetraethyl lead, but this application has been discontinued due to concerns of toxicity.
- Innospec Ltd, a chemical company based at Ellesmere Port, is fined ?.5m for bribing Indonesian officials to prolong the sale of toxic tetraethyl lead.
- The companies tried to prevent Mexico from acquiring chemicals necessary to the process of refining ( such as tetraethyl lead ), and specialized machinery.
- It's difficult to see tetraethyl lead in a sentence .
- The anti-knock tetraethyl lead that was added to gas-guzzling cars of the 1960s polluted the air and eventually found its way into the water supply.
- She focused her explorations on occupational toxic disorders, examining the effects of substances such as mercury, tetraethyl lead, radium, benzene, carbon disulfide and hydrogen sulfide gases.
- Worldwide, sales of tetraethyl lead _ as the lead in leaded gasoline is called _ are declining at a rate of about 9 percent a year.
- Tetraethyl lead prices have risen even as the markets for the product have disappeared, because competitors aren't exactly lining up to get into this shrinking business.
- Within months after tetraethyl lead was formulated at a General Motors laboratory in Dayton, Ohio, in 1922, scientists began to warn of the public health dangers.
- When tetraethyl lead ( TEL ) was invented as a gasoline additive back in the 1920s, it was found to leave a corrosive byproduct in the engine.
- It is not known how many testers made the mistake of using the leaded pump gas of the era; the tetraethyl lead left debilitating deposits within the engine.
- Widespread adoption of catalytic converters did not occur until more stringent emission control regulations forced the removal of the anti-knock agent tetraethyl lead from most types of gasoline.
- "Our strategy is to maintain earnings in tetraethyl lead as volume declines and try to grow the lubrication additives business, " said John Patton, director of investor relations.
- Tetraethyl lead could be drawn as a swastika, but as above in 3D it doesn't have this structure . talk ) 16 : 03, 5 March 2008 ( UTC)
- More Sentences： 1 2
"tetraethers" in a sentence, "tetraethoxysilane" in a sentence, "tetraethyl" in a sentence, "tetraethyl ammonium bromide" in a sentence, "tetraethyl dithiopyrophosphate" in a sentence, "tetraethyl lead poisoning" in a sentence, "tetraethyl leads" in a sentence, "tetraethyl orthosilicate" in a sentence, "tetraethyl pyrophosphate" in a sentence,
How can I put and write and define tetraethyl lead in a sentence and how is the word tetraethyl lead used in a sentence and examples? 用tetraethyl lead造句, 用tetraethyl lead造句, 用tetraethyl lead造句, tetraethyl lead meaning, definition, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by ichacha.net.