sac fungus in a sentence
- They have also been recorded to eat the sac fungus King Alfred's cake ( " Daldinia concentrica " ).
- ""'Corynespora cassiicola " "'is a species of fungus well known as a sac fungus in the family Corynesporascaceae.
- Among the plant pathogens that affect this genus are the sac fungus " Cochliobolus sativus ", which has been noted on common barnyard grass, and rice hoja blanca virus.
- The tiny sac fungus " Phyllachora banksiae " subspecies " westraliensis " has been described from the leaves of " B . speciosa ", its sole host.
- "Mycosphaerella tabebuiae ", a plant pathogenic sac fungus was first discovered on a " Handroanthus " tree, known at that time as " Tabebuia ".
- But some animals eat them with relish, for example the kea ( " Nestor notabilis " ), which likes " sac fungus " Nectriella pironii " often infects Japanese cheesewood.
- The sac fungus " Bipolaris sorokiniana " ( anamorph of " Cochliobolus sativus " ) and others can cause fatal root rot in plants of this genus if the roots get too wet and cold.
- The fruit are relished by many arid land animals, chiefly birds, which thus help distribute the seeds . " Opuntia " pathogens include the sac fungus " Colletotrichum coccodes " and Sammons'Opuntia virus.