rail spike in a sentence
- Some speculated that the object used was a rail spike.
- Investigators said the wreck was caused by someone who intentionally loosened bolts and lifted rail spikes.
- Pandrol clips vs . traditional rail spikes.
- The line was constructed using flat-bottomed rail spiked to wooden sleepers with earth ballast in a conventional way.
- Small metal scatters, including rail spikes, were also found on or next to the tramway formation in this area.
- Lumen, who was eager to pee, went into the bathroom where she died as a rail spike pins her head.
- The rail is fastened to the sleepers with rail spikes for wooden sleepers or Pandrol clips for cement or concrete sleepers.
- The rail spike has entered American popular consciousness; the driving of the " Golden Spike " was a key point in North American development of the western seaboard.
- And the tools required to build and maintain the track, including gauges, rail benders, rail cutters, rail drills, rail spike hammers, spike removal levers, spanners for various track bolts.
- Danny fights Tommy, and stabs him in the head with a rail spike, though Tommy recovers from this, blasts Danny with a shotgun, and takes one of his shoes.
- It's difficult to see rail spike in a sentence .
- Doodads grow here too, of course : a bagful of pretty rocks and glass, dried gourds, baskets, a roadrunner made of rail spikes, a tractor gear with sedum growing through the hole.
- By the 1930s, the superstructure of Bavarian branch lines generally consisted of 6 m rails, supplied by the Maximiliansh黷te at Haidhof, fixed to iron base plates and wooden sleepers with massive rail spikes.
- Investigators hunted in vain for the saboteurs who pulled 29 rail spikes, pried the tracks apart, and used a wire to bypass an electrical system that would have warned the crew of a break.
- When it became possible to preserve wooden sleepers with mercuric chloride ( a process called Kyanising ) and creosote, they gave a much quieter ride than stone blocks and it was possible to fasten the rails directly using clips or rail spikes.
- These early tramways were constructed with a shallow rail spiked to longitudinal wood sleepers, but Kincaid recognized the defects of this and introduced a metallic system, which became known by his name, consisting of channel shaped rails fixed on cast-iron chairs embedded in concrete.
- The subject of the song is said by Wilson to be " about railroads, " as he intended to encapsulate the image of Chinese laborers pounding rail spikes while their minds go " off on a different track " after noticing a crow flying overhead.
- The line was built to standard gauge, 4 ft 8?in ( 1, 435 mm ), with Vignoles ( flat-bottom ) rails spiked to light transverse sleepers, " the whole of the line being ballasted with gravel, and, if I mistake not, a goodly bulk of sea shingle mixed therewith ".
- Colonel Rich made a visit and made recommendations; he reported that the track was Vignoles ( flat-bottom ) rail spiked to transverse sleepers; the steepest gradient ( he said ) was 1 in 40 and the sharpest curve was of 12 chains radius, although a later GWR assessment of the line showed steeper gradients and sharper curves than this.
"rail socket" in a sentence, "rail specification" in a sentence, "rail speed limit" in a sentence, "rail speed limits in the united states" in a sentence, "rail speed record" in a sentence, "rail splice" in a sentence, "rail splitter" in a sentence, "rail spur" in a sentence, "rail square" in a sentence,