pelagic bird in a sentence
- Pelagic birds feed on planktonic crustaceans, squid and forage fish.
- This is one form of pelagic birding, by which pelagic bird species are viewed.
- It's also a popular stop for pelagic birds like albatrosses, shearwaters and storm petrels.
- The Atlantic puffin and other pelagic birds are excellent bioindicators of the environment as they occupy a high trophic level.
- It fed probably on the eggs and the juveniles of several Saint Helena terrestrial and pelagic bird species and on snails.
- Because of the special microhabitat of the adjacent Pillar Point Harbor, there are numerous pelagic birds that visit the local area.
- It is a feeding and resting area for a panoply of estuarine and pelagic birds, while its associated marshes and littoral zones support a variety of animal and plant life.
- They are a pelagic bird that is normally silent while flying over the open ocean but when on their breeding grounds the males give a whistling call and the females a loud trumpeting.
- Predicted birds ( 219 species )-Birds may include pelagic birds, wading birds, ducks and other water birds, raptors and other birds of prey, ground nesters, owls, and passerines.
- It is a pelagic bird of the open seas, but nests in subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests, subtropical or tropical moist montane forests, subtropical or tropical moist shrubland, subtropical or tropical high-altitude shrubland.
- It's difficult to see pelagic bird in a sentence .
- There are a wide variety of pelagic birds nesting on the islets including a subspecies of the southern Marquesan reed warbler, the Mohotani Marquesan warbler ( " Acrocephalus mendanae consobrina " ) ( Murphy & Mathews, 1928 ).
- In a " no strings attached " study funded by the Western Oil and Gas Association, through the Allan Hancock Foundation at the University of Southern California, the authors suggested several hypotheses for the lack of environmental damage to biologic resources in the Channel aside from pelagic birds and intertidal organisms.
- Species which can be seen on the cruises are humpback whales, southern right whales, Bryde's whales, bottlenose dolphins, common dolphins, humpback dolphins, African penguins, African black oystercatchers, Cape gannets, Cape fur seals, Cape cormorants, white-breasted cormorants, various shark species and various pelagic birds including terns, skuas, petrels, shearwaters and albatrosses.
- Although the Helm series already contained a volume on seabirds, by Peter Harrison, gulls compete for space in that volume with several other seabird families; in addition, Harrison's book was published in 1983, a time when knowledge of gull identification ( and taxonomy ) was in a considerably more primitive state ( and Harrison himself was a specialist in pelagic birds rather than gulls specifically ).
"pelagibacterium halotolerans" in a sentence, "pelagibacterium lixinzhangensis" in a sentence, "pelagic" in a sentence, "pelagic animal" in a sentence, "pelagic armorhead" in a sentence, "pelagic birds" in a sentence, "pelagic butterfish" in a sentence, "pelagic clay" in a sentence, "pelagic cod" in a sentence,