machiavel in a sentence
- In 1739, Frederick finished his " Anti-Machiavel ", an idealistic refutation of Machiavelli.
- This style, typical from the System Band, has been named " Kompa Machiavel ", by the group.
- Some ( like the " eurorock " band Machiavel and the pop / punk singer Plastic Bertrand ) were also managed in a more commercial approach.
- The complete scene is a soliloquy by Mortimer in which he is portrayed, " in the'Machiavel'tradition ", as a scheming villain.
- :: " Anti-Machiavel " is a dissertation on government; at once a work of idealist political philosophy and of hard-nosed realism.
- Henry V himself is sometimes seen as an ambivalent representation of the stage machiavel, combining apparent sincerity with a willingness to use deceit and force to attain his ends.
- On Broadway in 1980, the first time around, " Amadeus " won five Tony Awards, including one for Ian McKellen's florid Machiavel of a Salieri.
- The " Anti-Machiavel " is an 18th-century essay by Frederick the Great, King of Prussia and patron of Voltaire, rebutting " The Prince ", and Machiavellianism.
- Until the decent society is achieved, we are meant to take as role-model ( though qualified by Shakespearean ironies ) Edgar, " the machiavel of goodness ", endurance, courage and " ripeness ".
- And Constable also issued works of social criticism and contemporary controversies, like " Machiavel's Ghost, as He Lately Appeared to His Dear Sons, the Modern Projectors " ( 1641; attributed to Commonwealth era.
- :" Frederick the Great of Prussia-" I have always considered Machiavelli's Prince as one of the most dangerous works ever to be disseminated in the world "-The Anti Machiavel ( 1740-41 ).
- In 17th-century English, there was even an eponymous word " Machiavel " which meant " an intriguer or unscrupulous schemer " ( OED 1st edition ) . talk ) 15 : 22, 11 March 2008 ( UTC)
- "He is nine parts Machiavel and Tacitus, for one of Sophocles and Seneca . . . Whether we look into his plays or his most passionate love-poems, we shall find all frozen and made rigid with intellect ."
- He applied the same technique to TV in 1986 on the " Qui vive ? " CD and published on the 1998 CD " Machiavel " with Antoine Schmitt, an interactive video scratch using 111 very small loops from his own past LPs.
- It will be followed by " Machiavel " by Un d . m . i . ( CD-audio + CD-ROM ), with an interactive video sessions of 111 loops by J-J . Birg?and Antoine Schmitt.
- Beale brings a fast-talking, savage bark to his portrait of a fleshy, cigarette-smoking Machiavel, bloated by jealousy and spite : a man who spits out " I hate the Moor, " even as he recedes into his own lumpen body.
- He accused Machiavelli of being an atheist and accused politicians of his time by saying that his works were the " Koran of the courtiers ", that " he is of no reputation in the court of France which hath not Machiavel's writings at the fingers ends ".
- Indeed, Machiavelli was seen as a satanic figure who was known as'Old Nick', a still-used reference to the devil, and the machiavel became a stock figure on the early modern stage, a tradition which the portrayal of the King is drawing on.
- Fictional events in Joly's " Dialogue aux enfers entre Machiavel et Montesquieu ", which appeared four years before " Biarritz ", may well have been the inspiration for Goedsche's fictional midnight meeting, and details of the outcome of the supposed plot.
- One of the most important early works dedicated to criticism of Machiavelli, especially " The Prince ", was that of the Huguenot, Innocent Gentillet, " Discourse against Machiavelli ", commonly also referred to as " Anti Machiavel ", published in Geneva in 1576.
- More Sentences： 1 2
"machias memorial high school" in a sentence, "machias railroad station" in a sentence, "machias river" in a sentence, "machias seal island" in a sentence, "machiasport" in a sentence, "machiavelian" in a sentence, "machiavelli" in a sentence, "machiavelli and the four seasons" in a sentence, "machiavelli for moral people" in a sentence,