lie on file in a sentence
- The case reached court and was ordered to lie on file.
- Two counts of attempted murder were ordered to lie on file.
- These were abandoned by the judge, who ordered them to lie on file.
- The prosecution stated, however, that they would pursue a fresh prosecution for that breach if the issue was left to lie on file.
- After his conviction, Pickett s defence team tried to delay sentencing to accommodate Pickett s commitment to arrange three music festivals . and ordered that two further indictments in relation to allegations by two women dating back to the 1970s lie on file.
- Elizabeth Lee s defence team asked for the section 64.1 charge to continue to lie on file since she had not pleaded guilty to it and the CPS protocol, when published, would likely mean that the CPS would no longer pursue a prosecution.
- As a result of his confession, prosecutors decided not to pursue a prosecution against the remaining 20 charges, and asked that they lie on file, in order to spare a jury the horror of having to watch graphic images and videos of child abuse since the 71 charges which Huckle admitted to would be sufficient for a lengthy sentence.
- It's difficult to see lie on file in a sentence .