jail delivery in a sentence
- In 1830 Clarke was appointed one of Caledonia County s three Commissioners of Jail Delivery.
- The third colonial court, which regularly assembled at Salisbury, was the court of " oyer, terminer and general jail delivery ".
- Other reforms attempted to reduce the waiting time between jail deliveries to the Old Bailey, with the aim of reducing suffering, but these efforts had little effect.
- (The Commissioners of Jail Delivery were responsible for receiving prisoners who arrived to begin serving their sentences, and for tracking time in jail and releasing prisoners whose sentences were complete.
- Local reports indicated that citizens were concerned the ancient jail would be inadequate to hold experienced criminals Sheriff Lindley kept Pierpont and Skeer under heavy guard and denied visitors to the cellhouse for fear of a jail delivery.
- In addition, Commissioners of Jail Delivery determined whether those arrested for debt were eligible for and complying with the conditions of the freedom of the prison . Freedom of the prison entitled debtors to leave the prison grounds to earn money for the payment of their debts and support of their families .)
- It's difficult to see jail delivery in a sentence .