jack plane in a sentence
- The jack plane is a compromise between the smooth plane and the jointer.
- The jack plane, as I said, is in between the smooth and the jointer.
- Would a jack plane work as well?
- Some woodworkers will tell you a jack plane will suffice, especially for work this small, and it certainly will.
- What's the difference between a jack plane, a bench plane, a smooth plane, a slick plane, and whatever else?
- In preparing stock, the jack plane is used after the scrub plane and before the jointer plane and smoothing plane.
- In thicknessing or preparing rough stock, the scrub plane is usually followed by the jack plane, jointer plane, then smoothing plane.
- At one time it was a part of the renowned Kelsey I . Newman Collection, and more recently the Jack Plane Collection.
- In thicknessing or preparing rough stock, the jointer plane is usually preceded by the fore plane or jack plane and followed by the smoothing plane.
- The jack plane lies between the jointer and the smooth, and is so named because it as a kind of " jack of all trades ."
- It's difficult to see jack plane in a sentence .
- Another novice woodworker reports he bought a nice jack plane, " brought it home, put a good start on tuning it, and it didn't need much.
- You can get good exercise, without exhausting yourself or using up too much time, edge jointing boards with a jointer or a jack plane, by hand.
- The standard bench planes, going from smallest to largest, are block, smooth, jack and jointer; falling in there around the size of the jack plane is the roughing plane.
- The name is related to the saying " jack of all trades " as jack planes can be made to perform some of the work of both smoothing and jointer planes, especially on smaller pieces of work.
- That's good advice, but if you find, as I did, that you enjoy using planes, you will probably want a big jointer _ these things are about 22 inches long _ and a smooth plane, too, which leaves the Jack plane just sort of sitting there.
- A lot of experienced woodworkers will tell you to start off with the jack plane, which is a kind of jack of all trades; it's big enough to do a decent job of squaring a board but not so big as to wear you out unnecessarily when finishing a board.
- A typical smoothing plane ( approx . nine inches ) is usually a No . 4, jack planes at about fourteen inches are No . 5, an eighteen inch foreplane will be a No . 6, and the jointer planes at twenty-two to twenty-four inches in length are No . 7 or 8 respectively.
How can I put and write and define jack plane in a sentence and how is the word jack plane used in a sentence and examples? jack plane造句, jack plane造句, 用jack plane造句, jack plane meaning, definition, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by ichacha.net.