hackney carriage in a sentence
- It aimed to put mobile telephones in Hackney Carriages, but was unsuccessful.
- These soon replaced the hackney carriage as a vehicle for hire.
- The better-off used hackney carriages and sedan chairs to get to their destinations without getting filthy.
- As to Hackney carriages, odd . . . wouldn't the wealthy own a carriage of their own?
- Chelmsford hackney carriage taxis can be flagged down by members of the public anywhere within the city.
- In London the famed " Hackney Carriage " taxi has long since been powered by a diesel engine.
- Scenes include a hackney carriage journey, self-realisation, scornful glances in a mirror and wandering an old 1930s house.
- They proved popular as they were cheaper, smoother, roomier and safer than the competing Omnibus or Hackney carriages.
- In 1865 transport from Herne Bay was available by " fly " a type of one-horse hackney carriage.
- First time dual hackney carriage or private hire licence applicants must pass a local knowledge and Highway Code test.
- It's difficult to see hackney carriage in a sentence .
- The vehicle quickly replaced the heavier hackney carriage as the vehicle for hire of choice in Paris and London.
- A Hackney carriage corresponded to a modern taxi rather than a bus-and did tend to be used by the wealthy.
- On becoming a sergeant he was also appointed an inspector of weights and measures, common lodging houses, hackney carriages and explosives.
- It supports the Worshipful Company of Hackney Carriage Drivers " Magical Taxi Run'to Disneyland Paris each year for children with life-threatening illnesses.
- After retirement from football, Dickens went on to live in Barking and work as a black cab ( hackney carriage ) driver.
- In time, second-hand clarences came to be used as hackney carriages, earning the nickname'growler'from the sound they made on London's cobbled streets.
- The Civic Suite and Information Centre includes the Council Chamber, Committee Rooms, Transportation and Hackney Carriage Office and is located on Hockley Road.
- All taxis are registered under the term " Hackney Carriage " and carry the letter H at the beginning of their number plates.
- The first documented " hackney coach " the forerunner of the more generic " hackney carriage " operated in London in 1621.
- The high ceilings are a holdover from 19th-century English laws that required horse-drawn hackney carriages to have enough room for gentlemen wearing top hats.
"hackney borough council" in a sentence, "hackney brook" in a sentence, "hackney cab" in a sentence, "hackney cabs" in a sentence, "hackney canal" in a sentence, "hackney carriages" in a sentence, "hackney central" in a sentence, "hackney central railway station" in a sentence, "hackney central station" in a sentence,
How can I put and write and define hackney carriage in a sentence and how is the word hackney carriage used in a sentence and examples? hackney carriage造句, hackney carriage造句, 用hackney carriage造句, hackney carriage meaning, definition, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by ichacha.net.