fore - and - aft sail in a sentence
- These sails may be any type of fore-and-aft sail, in any combination.
- In addition, the term may have been influenced by the fore-and-aft sail.
- In Korea fore-and-aft sail equipped ships had been in use since the eighth century.
- Some references state the class carried fore-and-aft sails as built, other references state they were never carried.
- For most modern sailboats, that is boats with fore-and-aft sails, reaching is the fastest way to travel.
- It is a two-masted vessel, square rigged on the foremast, with fore-and-aft sails on the mainmast.
- The large fore-and-aft sail on the mainmast is the mainsail, while the sail on the mizzen mast is the mizzen.
- In the Royal Navy in the late nineteenth century, the term " trysail " came to denote the main fore-and-aft sail on any mast.
- *" Tack " The corner on a fore-and-aft sail where the luff and foot connect is called the " tack"
- Leeds built a 20-ton brigantine, a two-masted sailing ship with square-rigged sails on the foremast and fore-and-aft sails on the mainmast.
- It's difficult to see fore - and - aft sail in a sentence .
- In addition to a set of fore-and-aft sails the " Mexicana " carried main-mast and fore-mast spanker, jib, and flying jib sails.
- Subsequently, she adopted a reduced rig of just three sails-her jib, one square sail on the foremast, and a single fore-and-aft sail on the mizzen.
- All the ships of the class were provided with a barque rig, that is, square-rigged foremast and mainmast, and fore-and-aft sails only on the mizzen mast.
- To economize on crew, Matson rigged " Falls of Clyde " down as a barque, replacing the five yards on her ( jigger ) mast with two more easily managed fore-and-aft sails.
- Today, barquentines are popular with modern tall ship and sail training operators as their suite of mainly fore-and-aft sails can be operated with ease and efficiency, but the single mast of square sails offers long distance speed and dramatic appearance in port.
- She also carried two masts with spars, rigging, and sails, likely a foremast with square sail and a mizzen mast with fore-and-aft sail ( spanker ), with the steam engine placed amidships, directly behind the paddle wheel's drive gear machinery.
How can I put and write and define fore - and - aft sail in a sentence and how is the word fore - and - aft sail used in a sentence and examples? fore - and - aft sail造句, fore - and - aft sail造句, 用fore - and - aft sail造句, fore - and - aft sail meaning, definition, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by ichacha.net.