fore - and - aft rig in a sentence
- The fore-and-aft rig was particularly useful in maneuvering upwind.
- From about 1870, the fore-and-aft rig was introduced ( gaff rigged ).
- Historically, spritsails were the first fore-and-aft rigs, appearing in Greco-Roman navigation in the 2nd century BC.
- For coastal work, " Virginia " would have used a fore-and-aft rig with a sprit mainsail and one headsail.
- In 1920, petty officers with four years'standing also received the fore-and-aft rig with the cap badge formerly worn by CPOs.
- A " fore-and-aft rig " consists of sails that are set along the line of the keel rather than perpendicular to it.
- The ship was fitted with a fore-and-aft rig on her two masts, which had been designed to allow progress in the event of engine failure.
- "Square-rigged " is also used for the uniform of a Petty Officers, Chief Petty Officers and Warrant Officers ) and Officers is known colloquially as'fore-and-aft rig '.
- "Southern Cross 4 " ( British Registry Official Number 98988 ) was a three-masted schooner, foremast, square-rigged, main and mizzen, fore-and-aft rig . 240 tons with auxiliary steam.
- This sail arrangement, a forerunner to the sails found in the modern-day fore-and-aft rig of sloops, ketches and yawls, made the craft more agile and gave them the ability to point higher into the wind than square riggers.
- It's difficult to see fore - and - aft rig in a sentence .
How can I put and write and define fore - and - aft rig in a sentence and how is the word fore - and - aft rig used in a sentence and examples? fore - and - aft rig造句, fore - and - aft rig造句, 用fore - and - aft rig造句, fore - and - aft rig meaning, definition, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by ichacha.net.