cabbage aphid in a sentence
- This suggests coevolution of the cabbage aphid with its main food source.
- "Diaeretiella rapae " is a common wasp parasitoid of cabbage aphids.
- Myrosinase has also been isolated from the cabbage aphid.
- Like its main food source, the cabbage aphid compartmentalizes its native myrosinase and the glucosinolates it ingests.
- For example, some species of cabbage aphids ( like " Brevicoryne brassicae " ) can produce up to 41 generations of females.
- Cabbage aphids, from the genus " Brevicoryne " of the family Aphididae, are grayish-green, but a waxy covering gives them a grayish-white appearance.
- When the cabbage aphid is attacked and its tissues are damaged, its stored glucosinolates are activated, producing isothiocyanates and deterring predators from attacking other aphids.
- The slate-blue aphids on nasturtiums are bean aphids, the whitish-green ones on kale are cabbage aphids, and the pale green ones on practically everything are green peach aphids.
- Mixed with phoxim, cypermethrin, beta-cypermethrin imidacloprid and deltamethrin, profenofos can be used against Cotton MealyBug, cabbage caterpillar, " Plutella xylostella " and asparagus caterpillars, as well as against wheat and cabbage aphids.