balloon barrage in a sentence
- During World War II a Balloon Barrage called the Loch Ewe defences was stationed near Tournaig farmstead.
- In 1938 he joined the Balloon Barrage, the only military service opened to someone at his advanced age.
- It was considered to be too dangerous in that area because it was on the edge of the balloon barrage.
- Another problem, never wholly solved, was that any balloon barrage in the area would form a powerful reflector rendering anything behind it invisible.
- In June 1944 RAF Fairlop became home to No . 24 Balloon Centre with four squadrons forming part of the balloon barrage around London.
- On 29 August 1939 Cadbury was appointed honorary air commodore of No . 928 ( County of Gloucester ) Squadron, a Balloon Barrage Squadron of the Auxiliary Air Force.
- On 4 July 1941, Edwards led a daylight attack ( " Operation Wreckage " ) against the port of balloon barrage, but further fire over the port itself resulted in the loss of four of the attacking force.
- "Yesterday morning, evening and again late morning today German fighters have made determined attacks on balloon barrage over Dover flying very low at breakneck speed, " the journalist Vincent Sheean wrote, seemingly out of breath, in one 1940 dispatch.
- A Mobile Balloon Barrage Flotilla ( MBBF ) of small ships was established to inhibit air attacks and first sailed with Convoy CW 9 on 4 August and later on kites were used instead of balloons, which were too vulnerable to gunfire.
- Originally designated as RAF 17 Balloon Centre it was opened on 28 June 1939 and was from where, during World War II, the Balloon Barrage in the defence of Kingston upon Hull with its vital docks and rail network, was controlled and maintained.
- In September 1939, Goodison Park was commandeered by military, the club's minutes read : " The Chairman reported that our ground has been commandeered as an anti-aircraft ( Balloon Barrage section ), post . " During World War Two, an American forces baseball league was based at Goodison Park.
How can I put and write and define balloon barrage in a sentence and how is the word balloon barrage used in a sentence and examples? 用balloon barrage造句, 用balloon barrage造句, 用balloon barrage造句, balloon barrage meaning, definition, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by ichacha.net.