baffin region in a sentence
- In April 2008, flights began to seven communities in the Qikiqtaaluk Region ( Baffin Region ) of Nunavut.
- In 1975, Brody resigned from his position in the land use mapping carried out in the North Baffin region.
- Before 1999, the Qikiqtaaluk Region existed under slightly different boundaries as the Baffin Region, District of Keewatin, Northwest Territories.
- Unlisted in the credits but a dominating aspect of the movie is the setting around Igloolik, an island community in Canada's northern Baffin region.
- W . Hamilton indicated the similarities of Plutarch's account on " the great continent " and Plato's location of Atlantis in " Baffin Region reached the North American coast.
- In the 1950s the community contained a number of administrative buildings for the Department of Northern Health and Welfare, as well as Inuit housing units, a public laundry and bath house and the original nursing station for the Baffin region.
- In 2007 at their AGM, Bob Lyall, a board member of the Kitikmeot Inuit Association, suggested the formation of a political party called the " Bloc Kitikmeot " to run in the next Baffin Region ( Qikiqtaaluk Region ).
- According to the small handful of surviving elders in the South Baffin Region that are knew these beliefs, the Inuit that are settled in Resolute Bay and Grise Fiord are these shape shifters or shadow people, because they went too far north.