badari culture in a sentence
- The Badari culture and the successor Egyptian hieroglyphic inscriptions appeared during the predynastic period on Naqada III pottery vessels, dated to about 3200 BC.
- The Badari culture, named for the Badari site near Deir Tasa, followed the Tasian; however, similarities mean many avoid differentiating between them at all.
- The Gerzeh culture coincided with a significant drop in rainfall and the cosmetic palettes used for eye paint since the Badari culture began to be adorned with reliefs.
- The first settlement at Nekhen dates from either the Amratian culture ( circa 4400 BC ) or perhaps during the late Badari culture ( circa 5000 BC ).
- At Hemamieh there were some smaller cemeteries, including important burials of the Badari culture and rock tombs of the Old Kingdom period belonging to the nomarchs of the Wadjit-nome.
- The oldest known domesticated bovine in Africa are from Fayum dating to around 4400 BCE . The Badari cultures was followed by the Naqada culture, which brought a number of technological improvements.
- The Badari culture continued to produce the kind of pottery called blacktop-ware ( although its quality was much improved over previous specimens ), and was assigned the sequence dating numbers between 21 and 29.