abatis in a sentence
- The width of the abatis mounts up to several hundred meters.
- It was fronted by a deep, broad ditch and abatis.
- 1633 : 30, 000 Tatars cross Abatis and Bank lines.
- From the 1550s troops began mustering on the emerging Abatis Line.
- In 1638 there was a major rebuilding of the Abatis Line.
- Reinforcing obstacles include such things as entrenchments, earthworks, and abatis.
- Abatis are used alone or in combination with wire entanglements and other obstacles.
- Abatis are rarely seen nowadays, having been largely replaced by wire obstacles.
- And they had significant difficulty pushing through the strong Osage-orange abatis.
- Rice had placed the federal forces behind breastworks, abatis and rifle pits.
- It's difficult to see abatis in a sentence .
- Furthermore, the Confederates had formed dense barriers using felled trees for abatis.
- Forts south of the Abatis Line were linked up.
- The flanks were guarded by several redoubts and abatis.
- Izard's troops began steady, rolling volleys into the abatis and trees.
- Abatis is a military term for a field fortification made by cutting down trees.
- The leading attackers rushed forward to the abatis.
- After 1533 work began on the Abatis Line.
- An important advantage is that an improvised abatis can be quickly formed in forested areas.
- Stone and wooden kremlins of the towns were also included in the Great Abatis Line.
- But the attack stalled as the troops clawed their way through abatis under heavy musketry.
How can I put and write and define abatis in a sentence
and how is the word abatis used in a sentence and examples? 用abatis造句
, abatis meaning, definition, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by ichacha.net.