world in Chinese
[ wə:ld ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "world"Synonyms of "world""world" in a sentence"world" meaning
- He wanted to tell the news to the world .
- The whole world seemed to be at the party .
- That 's what makes the world tick .
- It is time you began to see the world .
- There they were, all the birds in the world .
- Destroy the old world and build a new one .
- He has come through two world wars .
- The world now began to wear a different aspect .
- The objective world is constantly changing .
- No great power could run the world .
- all of the living human inhabitants of the earth; "all the world loves a lover"; "she always used `humankind'' because `mankind'' seemed to slight the women"
Synonyms: human race, humanity, humankind, human beings, humans, mankind, man,
- the concerns of this life as distinguished from heaven and the afterlife; "they consider the church to be independent of the world"
Synonyms: worldly concern, earthly concern, earth,
- all of your experiences that determine how things appear to you; "his world was shattered"; "we live in different worlds"; "for them demons were as much a part of reality as trees were"
- people in general; especially a distinctive group of people with some shared interest; "the Western world"
- people in general considered as a whole; "he is a hero in the eyes of the public"
Synonyms: populace, public,
- the 3rd planet from the sun; the planet we live on; "the Earth moves around the sun"; "he sailed around the world"
Synonyms: Earth, earth, globe,
- everything that exists anywhere; "they study the evolution of the universe"; "the biggest tree in existence"
Synonyms: universe, existence, creation, cosmos, macrocosm,
- a part of the earth that can be considered separately; "the outdoor world"; "the world of insects"
- involving the entire earth; not limited or provincial in scope; "global war"; "global monetary policy"; "neither national nor continental but planetary"; "a world crisis"; "of worldwide significance"
Synonyms: global, planetary, worldwide, world-wide,