wire in Chinese
[ 'waiə ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "wire"Use "wire" in a sentence
past tense: wired past participle: wired plural: wires present participle: wiring
- The wiring is faulty and needs to be replaced .
- He snagged his sweater on the wire fence .
- The fabric was displayed on a wired stand .
- Ben thought the wire would attract lightning .
- The snake then wound itself round the wires .
- There is a third wire called the sense wire .
- Sparks are spurting out from the electric wire .
- He waved his arm at the taut wire of the horizon .
- He must have his mouth shut tight on the wire .
- The grating are made of rods or wire .
- ligament made of metal and used to fasten things or make cages or fences etc
- a metal conductor that carries electricity over a distance
Synonyms: conducting wire,
- a message transmitted by telegraph
- the finishing line on a racetrack
- equip for use with electricity; "electrify an appliance"
- send cables, wires, or telegrams
Synonyms: cable, telegraph,
- fasten with wire; "The columns were wired to the beams for support"
- string on a wire; "wire beads"
- provide with electrical circuits; "wire the addition to the house"