water in Chinese
[ 'wɔ:tə ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "water"Synonyms of "water""water" in a sentence"water" meaning
past tense: watered past participle: watered plural: waters present participle: watering
- The water drained out of the hole in the pail .
- We pump water from the well for daily use .
- The water pulled the ship down by the stern .
- He built a fire and heated a pan of water .
- The waters of the huanghe river roll to the sea .
- He 's in low water now , being out of job .
- Flood water covered the fields by the river .
- The scalding water burst forth from his eyes .
- He snuffs up salt and water to cure a cold .
- I 'd like to drink a glass of cool boiled water ..
- a facility that provides a source of water; "the town debated the purification of the water supply"; "first you have to cut off the water"
Synonyms: water system, water supply,
- a liquid necessary for the life of most animals and plants; "he asked for a drink of water"
- the part of the earth''s surface covered with water (such as a river or lake or ocean); "they invaded our territorial waters"; "they were sitting by the water''s edge"
Synonyms: body of water,
- binary compound that occurs at room temperature as a clear colorless odorless tasteless liquid; freezes into ice below 0 degrees centigrade and boils above 100 degrees centigrade; widely used as a solvent
- once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)
- liquid excretory product; "there was blood in his urine"; "the child had to make water"
Synonyms: urine, piss, pee, piddle, weewee, Verb
- secrete or form water, as tears or saliva; "My mouth watered at the prospect of a good dinner"; "His eyes watered"
- supply with water, as with channels or ditches or streams; "Water the fields"
- fill with tears; "His eyes were watering"
- provide with water; "We watered the buffalo"