waste in Chinese
[ weist ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "waste"Use "waste" in a sentence
past tense: wasted past participle: wasted plural: wastes present participle: wasting
- All tv stations specialize in time wasting .
- You're wasting your time here, lad .
- Don't waste life in doubts and fears .
- We emptied the waste paper onto the floor .
- It is a crime to waste money like that .
- Do n't waste time on domestic trivialities .
- All these waste materials can sell for money .
- A wrong approach means a waste of effort .
- He was wasting the precious minutes .
- I will not waste words in compliments .
- located in a dismal or remote area; desolate; "a desert island"; "a godforsaken wilderness crossroads"; "a wild stretch of land"; "waste places"
Synonyms: godforsaken, wild, Verb
- become physically weaker; "Political prisoners are wasting away in many prisons all over the world"
- cause extensive destruction or ruin utterly; "The enemy lay waste to the countryside after the invasion"
Synonyms: lay waste to, devastate, desolate, ravage, scourge,
- cause to grow thin or weak; "The treatment emaciated him"
Synonyms: emaciate, macerate,
- lose vigor, health, or flesh, as through grief; "After her husband died, she just pined away"
Synonyms: pine away, languish,
- spend extravagantly; "waste not, want not"
Synonyms: consume, squander, ware,
- use inefficiently or inappropriately; "waste heat"; "waste a joke on an unappreciative audience"
- get rid of (someone who may be a threat) by killing; "The mafia liquidated the informer"; "the double agent was neutralized"
Synonyms: neutralize, neutralise, liquidate, knock off, do in,
- run off as waste; "The water wastes back into the ocean"
Synonyms: run off,
- get rid of; "We waste the dirty water by channeling it into the sewer"
- spend thoughtlessly; throw away; "He wasted his inheritance on his insincere friends"; "You squandered the opportunity to get and advanced degree"
Synonyms: blow, squander, Noun
- useless or profitless activity; using or expending or consuming thoughtlessly or carelessly; "if the effort brings no compensating gain it is a waste"; "mindless dissipation of natural resources"
Synonyms: wastefulness, dissipation,
- (law) reduction in the value of an estate caused by act or neglect
Synonyms: permissive waste,
- the trait of wasting resources; "a life characterized by thriftlessness and waste"; "the wastefulness of missed opportunities"
Synonyms: thriftlessness, wastefulness,
- an uninhabited wilderness that is worthless for cultivation; "the barrens of central Africa"; "the trackless wastes of the desert"
Synonyms: barren, wasteland,
- any materials unused and rejected as worthless or unwanted; "they collect the waste once a week"; "much of the waste material is carried off in the sewers"
Synonyms: waste material, waste matter, waste product,
"wasting" in Chinese, "toxic waste" in Chinese, "waste stream" in Chinese, "waste book" in Chinese, "voluntary waste" in Chinese, "waste pipe" in Chinese, "trade waste" in Chinese, "wasted work" in Chinese, "cotton waste" in Chinese, "wastage rate" in Chinese, "wastage type maintenance" in Chinese, "wastali" in Chinese, "wastall pt" in Chinese, "wastberg" in Chinese, "waste a full hour" in Chinese, "waste a imilation capacities" in Chinese, "waste abatement system" in Chinese, "waste account" in Chinese,