wager in Chinese
[ 'weidʒə ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "wager"Synonyms of "wager""wager" in a sentence"wager" meaning
past tense: wagered past participle: wagered plural: wagers present participle: wagering
- I had naturally forgotten the joking wager .
- I'll wager you do well for yourself in london .
- I wager that it shall be so .
- Let my nephew and goldthred swagger about their wager as they like .
- "i'll wager that you've never been interviewed in a kitchen," he said, not unkindly .
- I wager you told him where you were going before he told you where he was going .
- The desire iachimo had to win the wager made him now have recourse to a stratagem to impose upon posthumus .
- You might have won your wager but for me
- All at a go or the wagers lost ! cried a fourth
- The first kill goes to me ! anyone care to wager
- the act of gambling; "he did it on a bet"
- the money risked on a gamble
Synonyms: stake, stakes, bet, Verb
- maintain with or as if with a bet; "I bet she will be there!"
- stake on the outcome of an issue; "I bet $100 on that new horse"; "She played all her money on the dark horse"
Synonyms: bet, play,