vex in Chinese
[ veks ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "vex"Use "vex" in a sentence
- I didn't vex my mind with the questions .
- Marianne was vexed at it for her sister's sake .
- I didn't think to vex you by such a trifle .
- I was both grieved and vexed at this .
- It must have vexed mr. morrel .
- I hope not, else he will vex my father .
- "damn," said the captain, amused and vexed .
- I shall be vexed if you …
- He was vexed at his failure .
- It vexed me mightily .
- be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don''t know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
Synonyms: perplex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound,
- subject to prolonged examination, discussion, or deliberation; "vex the subject of the death penalty"
- change the arrangement or position of
Synonyms: agitate, disturb, commove, shake up, stir up, raise up,
- disturb the peace of mind of; afflict with mental agitation or distress; "I cannot sleep--my daughter''s health is worrying me"
- cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations; "Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"; "It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"
Synonyms: annoy, rag, get to, bother, get at, irritate, rile, nark, nettle, gravel, chafe, devil,