top in Chinese
[ tɔp ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "top"Synonyms of "top"Use "top" in a sentence
- She is in the top flight of journalists .
- Huge waves came crashing almost on top of us ..
- He gets commission on top of his salary .
- Bulky portion is tucked under top of cast .
- The cream rose to the top some time ago .
- On the top of the gallows is fixed the knife .
- I'll beat everyone and come out on top .
- He is a top student , a really good one ..
- He tented his men on the top of the hill .
- Things cannot be forced from the top .
- situated at the top or highest position; "the top shelf"
- finish up or conclude; "They topped off their dinner with a cognac"; "top the evening with champagne"
Synonyms: top off,
- be the culminating event; "The speech crowned the meeting"
- cut the top off; "top trees and bushes"
- strike (the top part of a ball in golf, baseball, or pool) giving it a forward spin
- reach or ascend the top of; "The hikers topped the mountain just before noon"
- pass by, over, or under without making contact; "the balloon cleared the tree tops"
- provide with a top or finish the top (of a structure); "the towers were topped with conical roofs"
Synonyms: top out,
- be superior or better than some standard; "She exceeded our expectations"; "She topped her performance of last year"
Synonyms: exceed, transcend, overstep, pass, go past,
- be ahead of others; be the first; "she topped her class every year"
- be at the top of or constitute the top or highest point; "A star tops the Christmas Tree"
- a canvas tent to house the audience at a circus performance; "he was afraid of a fire in the circus tent"; "they had the big top up in less than an hour"
Synonyms: circus tent, big top, round top,
- a garment (especially for women) that extends from the shoulders to the waist or hips; "he stared as she buttoned her top"
- covering for a hole (especially a hole in the top of a container); "he removed the top of the carton"; "he couldn''t get the top off of the bottle"; "put the cover back on the kettle"
- a conical child''s plaything tapering to a steel point on which it can be made to spin; "he got a bright red top and string for his birthday"
Synonyms: whirligig, teetotum, spinning top,
- platform surrounding the head of a lower mast
- the greatest possible intensity; "he screamed at the top of his lungs"
- the top or extreme point of something (usually a mountain or hill); "the view from the peak was magnificent"; "they clambered to the tip of Monadnock"; "the region is a few molecules wide at the summit"
Synonyms: peak, crown, crest, tip, summit,
- the highest or uppermost side of anything; "put your books on top of the desk"; "only the top side of the box was painted"
Synonyms: top side, upper side, upside,
- the upper part of anything; "the mower cuts off the tops of the grass"; "the title should be written at the top of the first page"
- the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development; "his landscapes were deemed the acme of beauty"; "the artist''s gifts are at their acme"; "at the height of her career"; "the peak of perfection"; "summer was at its peak"; "...catapulted Einstein to the pinnacle of fame"; "the summit of his ambition"; "so many highest superlatives achieved by man"; "at the top of his profession"
Synonyms: acme, height, elevation, peak, pinnacle, summit, superlative, meridian, tiptop,
- the first half of an inning; while the visiting team is at bat; "a relief pitcher took over in the top of the fifth"
Synonyms: top of the inning,
"topping" in Chinese, "tops" in Chinese, "turnip tops" in Chinese, "humming top" in Chinese, "top line" in Chinese, "cooking top" in Chinese, "top talks" in Chinese, "whipping top" in Chinese, "top boots" in Chinese, "tooyama maiko" in Chinese, "tooyoo menka" in Chinese, "too… to" in Chinese, "too… to do" in Chinese, "too…to" in Chinese, "top 10 google hits a-k" in Chinese, "top 10 highest level" in Chinese, "top 100 biomedicine universities" in Chinese, "top 100 software vendors" in Chinese,