theory in Chinese
[ 'θiəri ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "theory"Synonyms of "theory""theory" in a sentence"theory" meaning
- In eighteenth century the theory shrank .
- These theories drew analogies of them .
- In theory the plan should have worked .
- The mathematics of the theory is too formidable .
- All the facts certainly fit your theory .
- An example is the kinetic theory of gases .
- Your theory disaccords with my experience .
- Let us put his theory to the proof .
- His theories met with general discredits .
- Theory must not be divorced from practice .
- a tentative insight into the natural world; a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena; "a scientific hypothesis that survives experimental testing becomes a scientific theory"; "he proposed a fresh theory of alkalis that later was accepted in chemical practices"
Synonyms: hypothesis, possibility,
- a belief that can guide behavior; "the architect has a theory that more is less"; "they killed him on the theory that dead men tell no tales"
- a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world; an organized system of accepted knowledge that applies in a variety of circumstances to explain a specific set of phenomena; "theories can incorporate facts and laws and tested hypotheses"; "true in fact and theory"
"theorist" in Chinese, "theorization" in Chinese, "theorize" in Chinese, "theorized history" in Chinese, "theorotical intensity of scattered ion" in Chinese, "theory 5s" in Chinese, "theory and application of soft-computing" in Chinese, "theory and application of stress wave" in Chinese, "theory and composition" in Chinese,