tendency in Chinese
[ 'tendənsi ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "tendency"Synonyms of "tendency""tendency" in a sentence"tendency" meaning
- Their tendency is gross and illiberal .
- Prices continue to show an upward tendency .
- Honeybees carry this tendency even farther .
- There were still many bad tendencies .
- He disciplined my anarchic tendencies .
- His country life developed the tendency in him .
- Cadres should guard against sectarian tendencies .
- The tendency of events is towards peace .
- There was an upward tendency in oil shares yesterday .
- This tendency is indeed observed experimentally .
- a characteristic likelihood of or natural disposition toward a certain condition or character or effect; "the alkaline inclination of the local waters"; "fabric with a tendency to shrink"
- an attitude of mind especially one that favors one alternative over others; "he had an inclination to give up too easily"; "a tendency to be too strict"
Synonyms: inclination, disposition,
- an inclination to do something; "he felt leanings toward frivolity"
Synonyms: leaning, propensity,
- a general direction in which something tends to move; "the shoreward tendency of the current"; "the trend of the stock market"