supplement in Chinese
[ 'sʌplimənt ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "supplement"Synonyms of "supplement""supplement" in a sentence"supplement" meaning
- The book has been supplemented with new material .
- They somehow supplemented each other .
- She gives private lessons to supplement her income .
- A sensible use of supplements can pay dividends .
- She was strongest when supplemented by him .
- I supplement my grant by working in the evenings .
- It comes out each week and it has a magazine supplement .
- She supplements her diet with vitamin tablets .
- She supplements her pension by taking in washing .
- He supplements his regular meals by eating between meals .
- a supplementary component that improves capability
Synonyms: accessory, appurtenance, add-on,
- a quantity added (e.g. to make up for a deficiency)
- textual matter that is added onto a publication; usually at the end
Synonyms: addendum, postscript, Verb
- add to the very end; "He appended a glossary to his novel where he used an invented language"
Synonyms: append, add on, affix,
- add as a supplement to what seems insufficient; "supplement your diet"
- serve as a supplement to; "Vitamins supplemented his meager diet"