string in Chinese
[ striŋ ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "string"Synonyms of "string""string" in a sentence"string" meaning
past tense: strung past participle: strung plural: strings present participle: stringing
- Each string is of manageable proportions .
- We decided to play out the string .
- Do not cut the string , untie the knots .
- The soldiers were stringing over the beach .
- I do not want them stringing along as well !
- He fished a length of string out of his pocket .
- He bound the box with a piece of string .
- He strings his phrases by the dozen .
- He pulled some slimy string inside me .
- Could you pull some strings to get me hired ?
- stringed instruments that are played with a bow; "the strings played superlatively well"
Synonyms: bowed stringed instrument,
- a necklace made by a stringing objects together; "a string of beads"; "a strand of pearls";
Synonyms: chain, strand,
- a tie consisting of a cord that goes through a seam around an opening; "he pulled the drawstring and closed the bag"
Synonyms: drawstring, drawing string,
- a lightweight cord
- a tightly stretched cord of wire or gut, which makes sound when plucked, struck, or bowed
- a collection of objects threaded on a single strand
- a linear sequence of symbols (characters or words or phrases)
- a sequentially ordered set of things or events or ideas in which each successive member is related to the preceding; "a string of islands"; "train of mourners"; "a train of thought"
- (cosmology) a hypothetical one-dimensional subatomic particle having a concentration of energy and the dynamic properties of a flexible loop
Synonyms: cosmic string,
- a tough piece of fiber in vegetables, meat, or other food (especially the tough fibers connecting the two halves of a bean pod)
- add as if on a string; "string these ideas together"; "string up these songs and you''ll have a musical"
Synonyms: string up,
- provide with strings; "string my guitar"
- thread on or as if on a string; "string pearls on a string"; "the child drew glass beads on a string"; "thread dried cranberries"
Synonyms: thread, draw,
- remove the stringy parts of; "string beans"
- string together; tie or fasten with a string; "string the package"
- stretch out or arrange like a string
- move or come along
Synonyms: string along,
"strung" in Chinese, "stringed" in Chinese, "string bark" in Chinese, "string bean" in Chinese, "string halt" in Chinese, "string electrometer" in Chinese, "leading strings" in Chinese, "string piece" in Chinese, "apron string" in Chinese, "strindvall" in Chinese, "strine" in Chinese, "strineka" in Chinese, "strinella" in Chinese, "strinfield" in Chinese, "string (computer science)" in Chinese, "string (or stringer) bead" in Chinese, "string adhesive" in Chinese, "string alignment" in Chinese,