stone in Chinese
[ stəun ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "stone"Synonyms of "stone"Use "stone" in a sentence
past tense: stoned past participle: stoned plural: stones present participle: stoning
- Let's mix concrete, sand and stones .
- He built an altar of smooth stones .
- There was a beautiful stone font there .
- Adam and eve built an altar of stones .
- Don't you cast the first stone at any rummies .
- The inscription is deeply cut on the stone .
- The heap of stones was put into the truck .
- The stone fell from the wall in fragments .
- It was about the last straw for jabez stone .
- Take the stones and do the best you can .
- of any of various dull tannish or grey colors
- remove the pits from; "pit plums and cherries"
- kill by throwing stones at; "People wanted to stone the woman who had a child out of wedlock"
Synonyms: lapidate, Noun
- building material consisting of a piece of rock hewn in a definite shape for a special purpose; "he wanted a special stone to mark the site"
- a lack of feeling or expression or movement; "he must have a heart of stone"; "her face was as hard as stone"
- a lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter; "he threw a rock at me"
- the hard inner (usually woody) layer of the pericarp of some fruits (as peaches or plums or cherries or olives) that contains the seed; "you should remove the stones from prunes before cooking"
Synonyms: pit, endocarp,
- an avoirdupois unit used to measure the weight of a human body; equal to 14 pounds; "a heavy chap who must have weighed more than twenty stone"
- material consisting of the aggregate of minerals like those making up the Earth''s crust; "that mountain is solid rock"; "stone is abundant in New England and there are many quarries"
- a crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry; "he had the gem set in a ring for his wife"; "she had jewels made of all the rarest stones"
Synonyms: gem, gemstone,
"stone sledge" in Chinese, "mocha stone" in Chinese, "lime stone" in Chinese, "stone curlew" in Chinese, "rub stone" in Chinese, "stone fruit" in Chinese, "boiling stone" in Chinese, "bath stone" in Chinese, "stone coal" in Chinese, "stonarov" in Chinese, "stonava" in Chinese, "stonavski" in Chinese, "stoncevic" in Chinese, "stoncica rtic" in Chinese, "stone (st)" in Chinese, "stone --" in Chinese, "stone age" in Chinese, "stone age ii" in Chinese,