stick in Chinese
[ stik ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "stick"Synonyms of "stick""stick" in a sentence"stick" meaning
past tense: stuck past participle: stuck present participle: sticking
- The old woman walks with the aid of a stick .
- They could n't make the charges stick .
- "why do you stick it?" asked phyl .
- That is my story and i am sticking to it .
- Your advice will stick fast in my mind .
- Do not stick your head out of the car window .
- His head was stuck fast in the railings .
- The girl stuck a wild flower in her hair .
- He walks with the aid of a heavy stick .
- I kept my stick poised for instant use .
- threat of a penalty; "the policy so far is all stick and no carrot"
- marijuana leaves rolled into a cigarette for smoking
Synonyms: joint, marijuana cigarette, reefer, spliff,
- an implement consisting of a length of wood; "he collected dry sticks for a campfire"; "the kid had a candied apple on a stick"
- a long thin implement resembling a length of wood; "cinnamon sticks"; "a stick of dynamite"
- a lever used by a pilot to control the ailerons and elevators of an airplane
Synonyms: control stick, joystick,
- a long implement (usually made of wood) that is shaped so that hockey or polo players can hit a puck or ball
- informal terms for the leg; "fever left him weak on his sticks"
Synonyms: pin, peg,
- a rectangular quarter pound block of butter or margarine
- a small thin branch of a tree
- be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don''t know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
Synonyms: perplex, vex, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound,
- saddle with something disagreeable or disadvantageous; "They stuck me with the dinner bill"; "I was stung with a huge tax bill"
- come or be in close contact with; stick or hold together and resist separation; "The dress clings to her body"; "The label stuck to the box"; "The sushi rice grains cohere"
Synonyms: cling, cleave, adhere, cohere,
- stick to firmly; "Will this wallpaper adhere to the wall?"
Synonyms: adhere, hold fast, bond, bind, stick to,
- pierce or penetrate or puncture with something pointed; "He stuck the needle into his finger"
- pierce with a thrust using a pointed instrument; "he stuck the cloth with the needle"
- put, fix, force, or implant; "lodge a bullet in the table"; "stick your thumb in the crack"
Synonyms: lodge, wedge, deposit,
- fasten into place by fixing an end or point into something; "stick the corner of the sheet under the mattress"
- fasten with or as with pins or nails; "stick the photo onto the corkboard"
- fasten with an adhesive material like glue; "stick the poster onto the wall"
- cover and decorate with objects that pierce the surface; "stick some feathers in the turkey before you serve it"
- stay put (in a certain place); "We are staying in Detroit; we are not moving to Cincinnati"; "Stay put in the corner here!"; "Stick around and you will learn something!"
Synonyms: stay, stick around, stay put,
- be loyal to; "She stood by her husband in times of trouble"; "The friends stuck together through the war"
Synonyms: stand by, stick by, adhere,
- be a devoted follower or supporter; "The residents of this village adhered to Catholicism"; "She sticks to her principles"
- endure; "The label stuck to her for the rest of her life"
- be or become fixed; "The door sticks--we will have to plane it"
"stuck" in Chinese, "sticking" in Chinese, "stick grenade" in Chinese, "cinnabar stick" in Chinese, "composing stick" in Chinese, "snuff stick" in Chinese, "stick force" in Chinese, "drum stick" in Chinese, "guess stick" in Chinese, "stichtenoth" in Chinese, "stichter" in Chinese, "stichternath" in Chinese, "stichtite" in Chinese, "stichweh" in Chinese, "stick (sports equipment)" in Chinese, "stick 1" in Chinese, "stick 2" in Chinese, "stick a fork in him, he" in Chinese,