spring in Chinese
[ spriŋ ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "spring"Synonyms of "spring""spring" in a sentence"spring" meaning
past tense: sprang past participle: sprung plural: springs present participle: springing
- So the days passed in spring and summer .
- Hans : what is the weather like in spring ?
- This sprang will finish off the insects .
- They'll close it up next spring .
- Why, jon, where did you spring from ?
- Do not spring bad news on his mother !
- His new book will be appearing in the spring .
- She sprang up, and bathed, and dressed .
- He knew that there was a spring farther up .
- This phenomenon is called spring breakup .
- a light, self-propelled movement upwards or forwards
Synonyms: leap, leaping, saltation, bound, bounce,
- a metal elastic device that returns to its shape or position when pushed or pulled or pressed; "the spring was broken"
- the elasticity of something that can be stretched and returns to its original length
Synonyms: give, springiness,
- a point at which water issues forth
- a natural flow of ground water
Synonyms: fountain, outflow, outpouring, natural spring,
- the season of growth; "the emerging buds were a sure sign of spring"; "he will hold office until the spring of next year"
Synonyms: springtime, Verb
- develop suddenly; "The tire sprang a leak"
- produce or disclose suddenly or unexpectedly; "He sprang these news on me just as I was leaving"
- spring back; spring away from an impact; "The rubber ball bounced"; "These particles do not resile but they unite after they collide"
Synonyms: bounce, resile, take a hop, bound, rebound, recoil, reverberate, ricochet,
- move forward by leaps and bounds; "The horse bounded across the meadow"; "The child leapt across the puddle"; "Can you jump over the fence?"
Synonyms: jump, leap, bound,
- develop into a distinctive entity; "our plans began to take shape"
Synonyms: form, take form, take shape,