speed in Chinese
[ spi:d ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "speed"Synonyms of "speed""speed" in a sentence"speed" meaning
past tense: sped past participle: sped plural: speeds present participle: speeding
- What is the speed limit on the motorway ?
- He was had up for exceeding the speed limit .
- Light sets the speed limit for nature .
- Did not you see the limitation of speed ?
- The racer lapped at unprecedented speed .
- In this way a high speed can be built up .
- Wave speed equals frequency times wavelength .
- The inverse of its slope is the speed of light .
- The speed limit is 40 miles per hour .
- The speed of light is an invariant constant .
- changing location rapidly
Synonyms: speeding, hurrying,
- a central nervous system stimulant that increases energy and decreases appetite; used to treat narcolepsy and some forms of depression
Synonyms: amphetamine, pep pill, upper,
- a rate (usually rapid) at which something happens; "the project advanced with gratifying speed"
Synonyms: swiftness, fastness,
- the ratio of the focal length to the diameter of a (camera) lens system
Synonyms: focal ratio, f number, stop number,
- distance travelled per unit time
Synonyms: velocity, Verb
- move faster; "The car accelerated"
Synonyms: accelerate, speed up, quicken,
- cause to move faster; "He accelerated the car"
Synonyms: accelerate, speed up,
- move very fast; "The runner zipped past us at breakneck speed"
Synonyms: travel rapidly, hurry, zip,
- travel at an excessive or illegal velocity; "I got a ticket for speeding"
- move fast; "He rushed down the hall to receive his guests"; "The cars raced down the street"
Synonyms: rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie, race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it,