space in Chinese
[ speis ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "space"Synonyms of "space""space" in a sentence"space" meaning
past tense: spaced past participle: spaced plural: spaces present participle: spacing
- The open spaces differ according to aspect .
- Another rocket blasts off toward space .
- The peritoneal cavity is a potential space .
- Space rockets are being sent up all the time .
- They converged on the central open space .
- Please leave a wider space between the lines .
- This was all done in a minute's space .
- Space science has introduced many new words .
- From words to deeds is a great space .
- Leave a little more space between the rows .
- the unlimited expanse in which everything is located; "they tested his ability to locate objects in space"; "the boundless regions of the infinite"
- (printing) a block of type without a raised letter; used for spacing between words or sentences
- a blank area; "write your name in the space provided"
Synonyms: blank space, place,
- a blank character used to separate successive words in writing or printing; "he said the space is the most important character in the alphabet"
- one of the areas between or below or above the lines of a musical staff; "the spaces are the notes F-A-C-E"
- any location outside the Earth''s atmosphere; "the astronauts walked in outer space without a tether"; "the first major milestone in space exploration was in 1957, when the USSR''s Sputnik 1 orbited the Earth"
Synonyms: outer space,
- an area reserved for some particular purpose; "the laboratory''s floor space"
- an empty area (usually bounded in some way between things); "the architect left space in front of the building"; "they stopped at an open space in the jungle"; "the space between his teeth"
- the interval between two times; "the distance from birth to death"; "it all happened in the space of 10 minutes"
Synonyms: distance, Verb
- place at intervals; "Space the interviews so that you have some time between the different candidates"