slant in Chinese
[ slɑ:nt ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "slant"Synonyms of "slant""slant" in a sentence"slant" meaning
past tense: slanted past participle: slanted plural: slants present participle: slanting
- I need to get your slant on the situation .
- It was easier to see the slant of the fish line .
- The early sunset was slanting across the park .
- The line is slanting to the left .
- The farms of shaanxi could have been described as slanting .
- The two brothers certainly had a different slant on life .
- That tree slants to one side because of the heavy winds .
- This axis may be horizontal or it may slant or plunge .
- Close the window quickly lest the raindrops ( should ) slant in .
- We should avoid a rather slanted account of the meeting .
- degree of deviation from a horizontal plane; "the roof had a steep pitch"
Synonyms: pitch, rake,
- a biased way of looking at or presenting something
Synonyms: angle, Verb
- present with a bias; "He biased his presentation so as to please the share holders"
Synonyms: angle, weight,
- heel over; "The tower is tilting"; "The ceiling is slanting"
Synonyms: cant, cant over, tilt, pitch,
- to incline or bend from a vertical position; "She leaned over the banister"
Synonyms: lean, tilt, tip, angle,
- lie obliquely; "A scar slanted across his face"