single in Chinese
[ 'siŋgl ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "single"Synonyms of "single""single" in a sentence"single" meaning
past tense: singled past participle: singled plural: singles present participle: singling
- We have a single room available .
- He wished he were young again, single .
- He wanted to concentrate on a single issue .
- The female pore, are most commonly a single pair .
- A single branch may bear several catkins .
- He shucked her out of her single garment .
- A single gene may have many effects .
- Only a single denominator do they share .
- Even a single man bad been able to balk him .
- Every single grain is the result of toil .
- being or characteristic of a single thing or person; "individual drops of rain"; "please mark the individual pages"; "they went their individual ways"
- not married or related to the unmarried state; "unmarried men and women"; "unmarried life"; "sex and the single girl"; "single parenthood"; "are you married or single?"
- existing alone or consisting of one entity or part or aspect or individual; "upon the hill stood a single tower"; "had but a single thought which was to escape"; "a single survivor"; "a single serving"; "a single lens"; "a single thickness"
- used of flowers having usually only one row or whorl of petals; "single chrysanthemums resemble daisies and may have more than one row of petals"
- not divided among or brought to bear on more than one object or objective; "judging a contest with a single eye"; "a single devotion to duty"; "undivided affection"; "gained their exclusive attention"
Synonyms: undivided, exclusive,
- having uniform application; "a single legal code for all"
- characteristic of or meant for a single person or thing; "an individual serving"; "single occupancy"; "a single bed"
Synonyms: individual, Verb
- hit a single; "the batter singled to left field"
- a base hit on which the batter stops safely at first base
- the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number; "he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it"; "they had lunch at one"
Synonyms: one, 1, I, ace, unity,