sham in Chinese
[ ʃæm ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "sham"Use "sham" in a sentence
past tense: shammed past participle: shammed plural: shams present participle: shamming
- Their marriage had become a complete sham .
- She regarded the whole war as a sham .
- She is not ill , she is only shamming .
- He remained a sham boy at thirty-two .
- Its patrician dignity was a picturesque sham .
- Tear away their veil of shams !
- His love was a mere sham , what he really wanted was her money .
- I've lent myself to this government's suicidal sham .
- What he says is all sham .
- I knew he was shamming .
- adopted in order to deceive; "an assumed name"; "an assumed cheerfulness"; "a fictitious address"; "fictive sympathy"; "a pretended interest"; "a put-on childish voice"; "sham modesty"
Synonyms: assumed, false, fictitious, fictive, pretended, put on, Verb
- make believe with the intent to deceive; "He feigned that he was ill"; "He shammed a headache"
Synonyms: feign, pretend, affect, dissemble,
- make a pretence of; "She assumed indifference, even though she was seething with anger"; "he feigned sleep"
Synonyms: simulate, assume, feign, Noun
- something that is a counterfeit; not what it seems to be
Synonyms: fake, postiche,
- a person who makes deceitful pretenses
Synonyms: imposter, impostor, pretender, fake, faker, fraud, shammer, pseudo, pseud, role player,