sentence in Chinese
[ 'sentəns ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "sentence"Synonyms of "sentence""sentence" in a sentence"sentence" meaning
past tense: sentenced past participle: sentenced plural: sentences present participle: sentencing
- She thought this sentence brilliantly witty .
- Every sentence should have its proper stop .
- Red lines were drawn under the topic sentences .
- Why have you marked the sentence wrong ?
- Doom means a judicial sentence or judgment .
- He was sentenced to 3 years for forgery .
- She was lucky to get off with a suspended sentence .
- He can be punished by long jail sentences .
- Every sentence has a canonical derivation .
- To make a sentence was an overwhelming effort .
- (criminal law) a final judgment of guilty in a criminal case and the punishment that is imposed; "the conviction came as no surprise"
Synonyms: conviction, judgment of conviction, condemnation,
- a string of words satisfying the grammatical rules of a language; "he always spoke in grammatical sentences"
- the period of time a prisoner is imprisoned; "he served a prison term of 15 months"; "his sentence was 5 to 10 years"; "he is doing time in the county jail"
Synonyms: prison term, time, Verb
- pronounce a sentence on (somebody) in a court of law; "He was condemned to ten years in prison"
Synonyms: condemn, doom,
"open sentence" in Chinese, "sentence stress" in Chinese, "balanced sentence" in Chinese, "cleft sentence" in Chinese, "compound sentence" in Chinese, "periodic sentence" in Chinese, "sentence word" in Chinese, "simple sentence" in Chinese, "kernel sentence" in Chinese, "sentei" in Chinese, "sentein" in Chinese, "sentell" in Chinese, "sentelle" in Chinese, "sentenac" in Chinese, "sentence (mathematical logic)" in Chinese, "sentence articulation" in Chinese, "sentence building card" in Chinese, "sentence building grid" in Chinese,