section in Chinese
[ 'sekʃən ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "section"Synonyms of "section""section" in a sentence"section" meaning
past tense: sectioned past participle: sectioned plural: sections present participle: sectioning
- They all culminate in these four sections .
- We comment on these topics in section 6 .
- I knew this section of the wreck well .
- The crank is an offset section of the crankshaft .
- The central section was severely shattered .
- Put a section of tissue under the microscope .
- A section of the magnates offered him the crown .
- A small section of rock juts out into the harbour .
- The public section was rarely occupied .
- There is a section dealing with sexual matters .
- the cutting of or into body tissues or organs (especially by a surgeon as part of an operation)
Synonyms: incision, surgical incision,
- one of several parts or pieces that fit with others to constitute a whole object; "a section of a fishing rod"; "metal sections were used below ground"; "finished the final segment of the road"
- one of the portions into which something is regarded as divided and which together constitute a whole; "the written part of the exam"; "the finance section of the company"; "the BBC''s engineering division"
Synonyms: part, division,
- a self-contained part of a larger composition (written or musical); "he always turns first to the business section"; "the history of this work is discussed in the next section"
- a segment of a citrus fruit; "he ate a section of the orange"
- a specialized division of a large organization; "you''ll find it in the hardware department"; "she got a job in the historical section of the Treasury"
- a small team of policemen working as part of a police platoon
- a small army unit usually having a special function
- a division of an orchestra containing all instruments of the same class
- a small class of students who are part of a larger course but are taught separately; "a graduate student taught sections for the professor''s lecture course"
Synonyms: discussion section,
- (geometry) the area created by a plane cutting through a solid
Synonyms: plane section,
- a distinct region or subdivision of a territorial or political area or community or group of people; "no section of the nation is more ardent than the South"; "there are three synagogues in the Jewish section"
- a very thin slice (of tissue or mineral or other substance) for examination under a microscope; "sections from the left ventricle showed diseased tissue"
- a land unit equal to 1 square mile
- divide into segments; "segment an orange"; "segment a compound word"
"sectio mediana" in Chinese, "sectio perinealis" in Chinese, "sectio porro caesarea" in Chinese, "sectio upervisor" in Chinese, "sectio urethralis" in Chinese, "section (shape) iron" in Chinese, "section 31" in Chinese, "section 4 subsection of the treaty" in Chinese, "section a subsection section" in Chinese,