- It was perhaps on this account that in defending them she was majestic rather than agile .
- Many americans tended to judge the government we were defending by our own constitutional practices .
- I will leave my defense to you; it's a charge that a man has to stoop to defend himself from .
- Had judith encouraged him, he would not have hesitated about remaining to defend her and her sister .
- "well," thomas said, defending the elegance of his clientele, "we don't exactly cater to paupers" .
- The individual develops behavioural means to defend himself from the enticements to establish relations with others .
- I passionately defended the decision; all the arguments we had so endlessly rehearsed for days were still valid .
- Indeed, he probably welcomed staking his future on defending the interests of free peoples as he understood them .
- The first great victory for freedom of the press was won by a philadelphia lawyer defending a new york editor .
- If the defendant cannot afford legal counsel, the state must provide an attorney to defend him at public expense .
What is the meaning of defend in Chinese and how to say defend in Chinese? defend Chinese meaning, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by ichacha.net.