roof in Chinese
[ ru:f ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "roof"Synonyms of "roof""roof" in a sentence"roof" meaning
past tense: roofed past participle: roofed plural: roofs present participle: roofing
- The timber carries the whole weight of the roof .
- The roof collapsed under the weight of the snow .
- Feliks was kneeling on the peak of the roof .
- Hailstones were rattling on the roofs .
- The roof needs attention , i.e. to be repaired .
- She hauled herself on to the roof with ease .
- The slopes of the roofs are shown in the figure .
- The stone made a dent in the roof of my car .
- The walls of the house held up the roof .
- A helicopter skimmed down between the roofs .
- a protective covering that covers or forms the top of a building
- protective covering on top of a motor vehicle
- an upper limit on what is allowed; "he put a ceiling on the number of women who worked for him"; "there was a roof on salaries"; "they established a cap for prices"
Synonyms: ceiling, cap,
- the inner top surface of a covered area or hollow space; "the roof of the cave was very high"; "I could see the roof of the bear''s mouth"
- provide a building with a roof; cover a building with a roof
"roofed" in Chinese, "roofing" in Chinese, "gable roof" in Chinese, "compartment roofing" in Chinese, "curb roof" in Chinese, "roof tree" in Chinese, "pent roof" in Chinese, "pavilion roof" in Chinese, "ridge roof" in Chinese, "roodhouse" in Chinese, "roodo" in Chinese, "roodt syre" in Chinese, "roodt-syre" in Chinese, "roody doody" in Chinese, "roof access" in Chinese, "roof aerial" in Chinese, "roof air conditioner" in Chinese, "roof airdrome" in Chinese,