return in Chinese
[ ri'tə:n ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "return"Synonyms of "return""return" in a sentence"return" meaning
past tense: returned past participle: returned plural: returns present participle: returning
- Cowperwood returned his most winning beam .
- A prodigal who returns is more precious than gold .
- She will return to his country by way of bangkok ..
- He positively refused to return to the field .
- He returned to his contemplation of the fire .
- Will you still be here when i return ？
- After two months she returned to beijing .
- Edmund and lilian were slow to return .
- The return journey was made over the same route .
- On its annual return they will shed tears .
- the act of someone appearing again; "his reappearance as Hamlet has been long awaited"
- a coming to or returning home; "on his return from Australia we gave him a welcoming party"
- getting something back again; "upon the restitution of the book to its rightful owner the child was given a tongue lashing"
Synonyms: restitution, restoration, regaining,
- the act of going back to a prior location; "they set out on their return to the base camp"
- (American football) the act of running back the ball after a kickoff or punt or interception or fumble
- a tennis stroke that sends the ball back to the other player; "he won the point on a cross-court return"
- a reciprocal group action; "in return we gave them as good as we got"
Synonyms: paying back, getting even,
- the key on electric typewriters or computer keyboards that causes a carriage return and a line feed
Synonyms: return key,
- document giving the tax collector information about the taxpayer''s tax liability; "his gross income was enough that he had to file a tax return"
Synonyms: tax return, income tax return,
- a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one); "it brought a sharp rejoinder from the teacher"
Synonyms: rejoinder, retort, riposte, replication, comeback, counter,
- happening again (especially at regular intervals); "the return of spring"
- the occurrence of a change in direction back in the opposite direction
Synonyms: coming back,
- the income or profit arising from such transactions as the sale of land or other property; "the average return was about 5%"
Synonyms: issue, take, takings, proceeds, yield, payoff, Verb
- go back to a previous state; "We reverted to the old rules"
Synonyms: revert, retrovert, regress, turn back,
- be restored; "Her old vigor returned"
Synonyms: come back,
- answer back
Synonyms: retort, come back, repay, riposte, rejoin,
- submit (a report, etc.) to someone in authority; "submit a bill to a legislative body"
- go back to something earlier; "This harks back to a previous remark of his"
Synonyms: hark back, come back, recall,
- pass down; "render a verdict"; "deliver a judgment"
Synonyms: render, deliver,
- make a return; "return a kickback"
- give or supply; "The cow brings in 5 liters of milk"; "This year''s crop yielded 1,000 bushels of corn"; "The estate renders some revenue for the family"
Synonyms: render, yield, give, generate,
- go or come back to place, condition, or activity where one has been before; "return to your native land"; "the professor returned to his teaching position after serving as Dean"
- return to a previous position; in mathematics; "The point returned to the interior of the figure"
- bring back to the point of departure
Synonyms: take back, bring back,
- be inherited by; "The estate fell to my sister"; "The land returned to the family"; "The estate devolved to an heir that everybody had assumed to be dead"
Synonyms: fall, pass, devolve,
- pay back; "Please refund me my money"
Synonyms: refund, repay, give back,
- give back; "render money"
- return in kind; "return a compliment"; "return her love"
- elect again
"returned" in Chinese, "day return" in Chinese, "return postcard" in Chinese, "sea return" in Chinese, "return ticket" in Chinese, "traffic returns" in Chinese, "bank returns" in Chinese, "diminishing returns" in Chinese, "return visit" in Chinese, "retur outwards book" in Chinese, "reture fare" in Chinese, "reture of the jedi" in Chinese, "returf" in Chinese, "returfing" in Chinese, "return a blow" in Chinese, "return a borrowed thing without delay" in Chinese, "return a call" in Chinese, "return a deposit" in Chinese,