retreat in Chinese
[ ri'tri:t ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "retreat"Synonyms of "retreat"Use "retreat" in a sentence
past tense: retreated past participle: retreated plural: retreats present participle: retreating
- He went out, and the horror retreated .
- The enemy 's retreat left marks of haste .
- I even began to attend weekend retreats .
- He has retreated to his former reserve .
- Fishbein and halpern retreated me .
- You can't work out a retreat for daylight ?
- He arrived and selected it as his retreat .
- No retreat is allowed , only advance .
- I have been working on the problem of the retreat .
- They retreated before the enemy .
- the act of withdrawing or going backward (especially to escape something hazardous or unpleasant)
- withdrawal for prayer and study and meditation; "the religious retreat is a form of vacation activity"
- (military) withdrawal of troops to a more favorable position to escape the enemy''s superior forces or after a defeat; "the disorderly retreat of French troops"
- an area where you can be alone
- (military) a bugle call signaling the lowering of the flag at sunset
- (military) a signal to begin a withdrawal from a dangerous position
- a place of privacy; a place affording peace and quiet
- make a retreat from an earlier commitment or activity; "We''ll have to crawfish out from meeting with him"; "He backed out of his earlier promise"; "The aggressive investment company pulled in its horns"
Synonyms: pull back, back out, back away, crawfish, crawfish out, pull in one''s horns, withdraw,
- pull back or move away or backward; "The enemy withdrew"; "The limo pulled away from the curb"
Synonyms: withdraw, pull away, draw back, recede, pull back, retire, move back,
- move back; "The glacier retrogrades"
- move away, as for privacy; "The Pope retreats to Castelgondolfo every summer"
"retreaded tire" in Chinese, "retreaded tyre" in Chinese, "retreader" in Chinese, "retreading" in Chinese, "retreading and repair of tyres" in Chinese, "retreat and carry sword" in Chinese, "retreat and stand on the defensive" in Chinese, "retreat as if one was worsted [defeated]" in Chinese, "retreat constantly" in Chinese,