rest in Chinese
[ rest ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "rest"Synonyms of "rest""rest" in a sentence"rest" meaning
- What about the rest of our country ?
- Let's just sit out here and rest a while .
- You may rest assured that i will do my best ..
- It rests with you to decide whether to go or not .
- She was laid to rest beside her late husband .
- The officer halted his troops for a rest .
- Perhaps it is the brain that needs resting ?
- He laid down his head upon his pillow to rest .
- You can rest assured that we will do our best .
- The mine finally came to rest on the seabed .
- freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility); "took his repose by the swimming pool"
Synonyms: ease, repose, relaxation,
- a support on which things can be put; "the gun was steadied on a special rest"
- a musical notation indicating a silence of a specified duration
- something left after other parts have been taken away; "there was no remainder"; "he threw away the rest"; "he took what he wanted and I got the balance"
Synonyms: remainder, balance, residual, residue, residuum,
- euphemisms for death (based on an analogy between lying in a bed and in a tomb); "she was laid to rest beside her husband"; "they had to put their family pet to sleep"
Synonyms: eternal rest, sleep, eternal sleep, quietus,
- a state of inaction; "a body will continue in a state of rest until acted upon"
- a pause for relaxation; "people actually accomplish more when they take time for short rests"
Synonyms: respite, relief, rest period, Verb
- be at rest
- stay the same; remain in a certain state; "The dress remained wet after repeated attempts to dry it"; "rest assured"; "stay alone"; "He remained unmoved by her tears"; "The bad weather continued for another week"
Synonyms: stay, remain,
- take a short break from one''s activities in order to relax
Synonyms: breathe, catch one''s breath, take a breather,
- give a rest to; "He rested his bad leg"; "Rest the dogs for a moment"
- rest on or as if on a pillow; "pillow your head"
- sit, as on a branch; "The birds perched high in the tree"
Synonyms: perch, roost,
- not move; be in a resting position
- put something in a resting position, as for support or steadying; "Rest your head on my shoulder"
- be inactive, refrain from acting; "The committee is resting over the summer"
- be inherent or innate in;
Synonyms: reside, repose,
- have a place in relation to something else; "The fate of Bosnia lies in the hands of the West"; "The responsibility rests with the Allies"
"resting" in Chinese, "book rest" in Chinese, "rest energy" in Chinese, "parade rest" in Chinese, "rest room" in Chinese, "rest day" in Chinese, "half rest" in Chinese, "rest cure" in Chinese, "rest mass" in Chinese, "ressu" in Chinese, "ressure" in Chinese, "ressure conduit" in Chinese, "ressureicao" in Chinese, "resszer" in Chinese, "rest (music)" in Chinese, "rest 1" in Chinese, "rest 2" in Chinese, "rest a case" in Chinese,